You might not be aware of it, but this tiny silicone sponge is shaking up the beauty sphere. Wondering why? Cosmetic companies and makeup artists have been telling us for years to apply our skincare and makeup with brushes or foam sponges. It’s supposed to give your foundation a flawless finish, make it look more even and keep all the oils and bacteria from your fingers from clogging your pores. This is assuming that you clean your brush/sponge regularly and let it dry completely before you reuse it. Let’s face it, I barely have time to apply my makeup (and I am a little lazy), so this is too much of a commitment for me.
Then I had the opportunity to try the Kissbobo Silicone Makeup Sponge, and after 2 weeks of using it, here are 5 reasons why you should swap out your fingers/foam sponge/brush for it:
– It’s more hygienic: unlike brush or foam sponges, that are a nest of bacteria if you don’t properly take care of them, Kissbobo silicone make up sponges are made of high quality silicone that are not breeding grounds for bacteria.
– You will save product and money! Thanks to its non-porous surface, the silicone sponge doesn’t waste foundation, skincare, or whatever product you will use.
– Kissbobo Silicone Sponge comes in a pack with 3 shapes: Clear Leaf / Round/ Tear Drop shape. Each shape was designed to provide the best application on a specific are of the face. The round shape covers blemishes around the cheeks for contouring, the tear drop shape specially designed to cover minor imperfections as well as reaching into the application of your eyelids, under-eye, and nose.
– It’s sooooo easy to clean: a little soap, a little warm water, and it’s clean in a few seconds. It dries also way quicker than a brush or a foam sponge.
– Yes, the result is better. The makeup is blending perfectly onto the skin, and thanks to the 3 sponges, it’s easy to target the zones that need extra-focus. Your complexion looks more even and therefore flawless.