It is impossible to live in California and not try one of those homemade smoothies Californian people love, mixing most of the time green vegetables, fruits, and proteins.
One of my favorite is the Kale ( a super-powered salad we don’t have in France yet, low in calories and high in Iron), Banana and Berries: I was chocked by its weird and not appealing color at first (it s a brown-green-purple shade), but it is delicious.
So after the holidays, when I realized I am 2 sizes more than 6 months before, when I was living in Paris (thanks to the huuuuuge portions of American plates), I decided to go on a detox diet, and to follow the advices of my friends here who are addicted to smoothies.
There is nothing easier and quicker to make. All you need is:
- A few leaves of Kale (as I already said, low in Calories, full of good nutrients)
- A banana (for potassium and fibers)
- A Mix of berries (antioxidants)
- Almond Milk (because here in Cali, you would NEVER drink cow milk, you are supposed to be allergic to Lactose)
- A spoon of proteins powder
I also like to add some almonds and raisins.
Put everything in a blender, mix one minute, and drink fresh. I guarantee you won’t be hungry for hours.
European readers, if you don’t have Kale, it also works with Spinach :-).